Whilst the COVID-19 pandemic has curtailed our usual programme of talks and walks since March 2020 the Society is determined to continue both its work and programme of events
At this stage we, like everyone else, are unable to meet up physically in the Town Hall so currently our events will be held via the ZOOM medium.
Below is a list of events that we have set up for the first half of 2021 and we would welcome your company at any or all of them.
All these events will commence at 7:30 pm with the exception of the Guided Tour by Peter Wade, followed by afternoon tea, where we will advise more closer to the time – if we are allowed to meet.
If you would like to attend one of these ZOOM meetings but are not yet a member of Lancaster Civic society please contact the Membership Secretary below for the appropriate login details.
Should you be unsure about using the Zoom medium, or if it the first time using it, don’t worry we will guide you through what you need to do and even arrange a ‘dummy run’ prior to the event. Just contact David Morgan via the details below.
- 13th January 2021 – Michael Winstanley – Lancaster’s Historical Pageants
- 10th February 2021 – Nigel R J Neil, Neil Archaeological Services – Lancaster Castle
- 10th March 2021 – Dame Sue Black & Sarah Wroe – Lancaster University Institutional Strategy 2020 – 2025
- 14th April 2021 – Sam Riches – St George in the Medieval Cult
- 12th May 2021 – To be arranged
- 9th June 2021 – AGM with guest from Mark Cassidy, Planning Manager, Lancaster City Council
- 14th July 2021 – Guided tour by Peter Wade followed by afternoon tea
For login details for these Zoom meetings please contact David Morgan – details below – or James Wilkie, Hon Sec at email@example.com
For more information or membership enquiries contact:
David Morgan, Membership Secretary – Tel: 07877 346 450 email: firstname.lastname@example.org